Main Street Golconda
The mission of Main Street Golconda is:
- to promote Golconda and Pope County;
- to encourage physical improvements that make Golconda and Pope County more attractive;
- to provide education on the importance of retaining the community’s unique heritage while guiding growth;
- to foster an environment that retains and attracts businesses;
- and to maintain a strong, volunteer driven organization to implement the shared vision for Golconda and Pope County.
- Promoting Golconda and Pope County
- River to River Relay
- Quilter’s Luncheon
- Shrimp Festival
- Fall Festival
- Deer Festival Pageant & Parade
- Christmas Fest & Holiday Merchants Open House
- Help maintain historic character of downtown Golconda
Main Street Golconda is working on many projects. We are a not for profit organization so all funding comes from fundraising through the many special events we hold throughout the year. If you would like to contribute to our projects we will be deeply thankful.
Join Us & Make a Difference
Volunteers make our organization sing! If you’re interested in serving on one of our new sub-committees or just volunteering some time to better our community, please submit your volunteer information here. Regular monthly board meetings are the second Thursday of the month at 6pm. Meetings are open to the public.
Are you interested in getting involved, sharing your ideas, or even just learning what it’s all about? Come join us in our office located directly behind the court house in Golconda. If you have a specific topic that you’d like to see on the agenda please call our office atand let us know.
Board of Directors:
President – Nathan Ryder
Vice President – Paul Broadway
Secretary/Treasurer – Brooke Burkhead
Board Members At-Large:
For more information about activities in Golconda and Pope County, please contact Mainstreet Golconda by clicking here.